I literally took this picture with flash of the cellar just so I had an idea of where I should go (this is just another reason I always carry my camera with me)
After leaving the Norwegian visiting babes in Kreuzberg with Jess to go to work, I stopped off at some stores that were having incredible sales. I finally got a few much needed new items. My wardrobe was literally composed of very old deteriorating rags.Anyway this isn't really the point.
I don't have much time at this point because I stopped at these stores but I needed to stop home and drop off my bags and figure out where I had to pick up Tim, my German son. Just as I put my key in the front door of the building as I took it out, it slipped from my fingers into the grate below it.
YUP! It fell right down below the ground. My jaw droppppped, kneeling on the ground staring at the keys 10 feet below the ground. Jess was across town, (though I called her to be sure - turns out her phone was on our bed) I have no other keys, and only a little bit of time before I need to pick up Tim. A man right behind me was also entering the building and saw the whole debacle. He mentions in German that there is a cellar and I could try to get it there. I walk in to the front building to the cellar. it was pitch black and dirty filled with junk. I saw rat traps everywhere. I was soo scared. I found a lighter and a cell phone, but still could barely see a thing. Heart racing, completely sure rats were about to attack me I finally followed the light (where the grate was above) and I sifted through the dirt and trash and found my keys. PHEW then I got out of there as soon as I could!
Right after rushing around the apartment, I was getting it together for work. I just bought super glue to fix the button on my jeans. I needed to open the seal of the glue and I grab something sharp. I opened it up and the glue OF COURSE spewed all over my hands! My hands were literally coated in non water soluble SUPER GLUE!
I got to the school to pick up Tim and I realized that I forgot to look up how to get to his house from his school (I never pick Tim up so I didn't already know). Thankfully I figure out some sort of public transportation but of course I picked the route that caused us to wait 20 minutes at our transfer outside in the cold. I had been picking the glue off my fingers all day that they were bleeding!
Anyway by time I got to their house an hour later then I probably should have things smoothed out. Frozen pizza was ready and me and the mother got Anna a costume together for her Schneeflocken (Snowflake) Party. The mother loved my paper snowflake stitched dress design.
No comments:
Post a Comment