Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wild Boars

Ahhh....Bianca is always talking about how she is so scared of running into wild boars where she lives (Klein Machnow - a suburb outside of Berlin). She hates taking the walk home from the bus to her house at night because she fears a runin.

It never occurred to me that I too should fear a run-in with these wild beasts. On my way home from work in Charlottenberg (my Monday/Tuesday family) I walked down the small path, a shortcut I take to get to the S-Bahn. I saw some bushes rustle, and kept walking until I saw something jump over the fence. And I heard a snort and in the shadows I could make out a 5 or 6 of them. I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction. Apparently they can't see very well, but I had convinced myself that they were deadly.

Turns out these boars have become an issue recently in Central Europe because of the Global Warning's recent mild winters. They are particularly an issue in Berlin because there are so many small forests and gardens within the actual city.

I am irrationally scared now. I don't think they are typically a problem to passerbys but I am mildly afraid of the dark as it is, and now that I know the dark can be shared with these lurking pig predecessors! ! ayyyyyyy

No comments: